Chicken Chili with Sweet Cornbread
1 13oz. can chunk chicken breast in water, drained or 1 1/2 c. diced cooked chicken
1/2 of a 16 oz. jar salsa (any kind)
1 32oz. box chicken broth
1) Start by making the cornbread. Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 9” round cake pan with nonstick oil spray.
2) Whisk together flours, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. Add egg, milk, and oil and stir with a spoon until batter is homogeneous – be careful not to over-mix.
3) Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes and slice into pie wedges.
4) While cornbread is baking, combine all chili ingredients (excluding cheese) in a large saucepan. Cover and place over low heat. Allow to heat until cornbread is ready.
5) Serve soup with cheese and cornbread wedges with butter and honey.