These incredibly indulgent and chocolaty bars are perfect for barbeques, picnics, graduation parties, and other summer get-togethers. They will win you instant friends! They're composed of two batters (one chocolate and one vanilla) and a ton of mix-ins, including two kinds of chocolate chips and chopped Oreos. Plus, they don't require a mixer and are simple enough for kids to make. Makes 24 bars.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups chopped Oreos
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9" x 13" pan with nonstick cooking spray, line with foil, and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make the vanilla batter: Stir together the butter and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla, then stir in flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined. Set aside
- Make the chocolate batter: Stir together the butter, both sugars, eggs, vanilla, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and flour. Fold in all the mix-ins with a large spatula.
- Assemble the bars: Scoop the chocolate batter into the prepared pan. Wet your hands and use them to spread the batter into an even layer. Wash your hands, dollop the vanilla batter on top of the chocolate batter, and spread it around with a knife. Use the knife to lightly swirl the batters together.
- Bake bars for 45-60 minutes, until the vanilla batter is golden brown and a knife inserted into the center of the bars comes out clean.
- Sprinkle the top of the bars with the chocolate and butterscotch chips. Cover the pan with a cookie sheet for 5 minutes to allow the chips to melt. Remove the cookie sheet and spread the melted chips with a knife. Allow the bars to come to room temperature. Serve at room temperature or chilled.