- grosgrain ribbon in red, white and blue, cut into 36 inch strands (the blue used in this tutorial is called Capri)
- hot glue gun
- 12 inch wooden dowel rod
1. Put a little spot of hot glue on the end of the blue ribbon strand (approximately 1 inch from the tip of the ribbon).
2. Place the red ribbon directly on top and press down firmly to adhere.
3. Put a little spot of hot glue on the end of the red ribbon strand (approximately 1 inch from the tip of the ribbon) and top with the white ribbon.
In this way, the red ribbon is sandwiched between the blue and the white ribbon.
4. Loop the ribbon as though you are going to tie it. Then, slide your dowel rod in the middle of the loop.
5. Put a dab of hot glue on the dowel rod, approximately 1 inch from the tip.
6. Now, tighten your ribbon loop so that it is knotted on the hot glue.
For children under the age of 4, I use ribbon that is 12 inches long. The long strands of ribbon could be a strangling hazard for little ones so make sure they are being supervised!